17.3.09

From Californ-i-a

Two weeks ago I went out to Berkeley for a lecture on the Art of Butcher.
the size of this pine cone fascinated me, as i've never seen them so big.

i wrote some sort of thing about my position in the food world in the midwest vs. the west. and also just sort of some commentary on berkeley. so i'll post that later this week as it's on my laptop -and- once my flickr let's me upload in a week, i'll link to the photos from berkeley, not just the lecture.

a summary of all that will be as follows:
the colours were as vibrant as they came across my lense and the air was as rich as a ganache raining over a dense black forest cake.

i can be quoted as saying this upon my return to chicago,
"it smelled like the conservatory on west lake street! but it was REAL!"


and these oranges reminded me of someone in addition to providing nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment